Our fleet comprises only Land Rover Defenders and Toyota Hilux.
All vehicles are Defender 110 Utilities or Toyota Hilux Double Cab models, identical in colour and specification to those shown in our photos. They come in 2 configurations: the ‘4×1’ model has a large 4-person tent while the ‘2×2’ model has twin 2-person tents.
The cars all benefit from the power and efficiency of modern Euro 6 diesel engines and 6 speed manual gearboxes. The luggage areas are fitted with bespoke cage systems for the efficient storage of the equipment and also allows ample space for personal luggage.
Land Rover Defender or Toyota Hilux?
The following considerations may help you decide which vehicle would suit you better:
- The Toyota offers much greater space and comfort. The Toyota’s luggage area is considerably bigger than the Land Rover’s, and the opening sides to the luggage area enable much easier access. Drivers who are taller than 1.9m / 6’3″ may find the Land Rover too small to comfortably or safely drive.
- The Toyota’s emissions are better, the engine being a more modern design and benefitting from AdBlue technology.
- The Land Rover’s basic design dates from 1983. It therefore feels very different to modern cars, and is relatively slow and noisy. The Toyota matches modern expectations in these regards.
- Go for the Toyota if reliability is paramount. Our vehicles are maintained to the very highest standards. But the fact is that the Land Rovers are older vehicles. And even Land Rover fans would probably concede that Toyota has a better reputation for reliability.
- The Toyota’s tents can be opened and closed standing on the ground and side steps. The tents on the Land Rover require climbing onto the bonnet and roof to be opened and closed.
- Few vehicles look cooler than a Land Rover Defender!